Thursday, April 17, 2008

Busy busy

There's not to much going on on the knitting front - which is why I've been so quite. I'm busy as all get out with rugby and softball and general spring goodness - but the knitting not so much. I have been working on this super secret project. But I can't tell you about it cuz the giftee has been known to pop in on occasion. Since I hate those people that say OMG I have a secret but you can't know about it ... here's a little sneak peak. (sorry bout the yucky cell phone shots)
That's really the only thing I've got on needles at the moment. I finished my multi-directional scarf. I think this is only the second scarf I've actually completed since my very first project way so long ago. I made it extra long and I'm so glad I did. I loves it berry much - and if it had been even a little bit shorter I'd have dubbed it too short and never worn it. Also - how wonderful for me that the day after I finished the weather broke & I now have no need of a scarf - typical. Maybe that's the secret to gettingthe warm weather to start - finish up the cold weather knitting ;)


Since I hate only having one thing to knit I started this yesterday. (again with the junky pic)


I decided I didn't like the drape of the Jeanie in STR - it's just too stiff - so it's going to get ripped out - I bought a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy (the recommended yarn) to try again but I'm not in a rush. In the meantime I needed something to do with the shawls worth of STR that I've got. I've loved this forever. Mine won't be as delicate cuz I'm using a fingering weight instead of a lace weight and it'll also wind up being much bigger but I don't really have a problem with that. I figure if it's not in lace weight the odds of it being finished sometime in this decade go up exponentially and I'd rather it be done than be exactly like the picture!



Comments:
That's going to be beautiful in the STR! The scarf looks great and I'm glad you finished it and brought on the warm weather lol!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?