Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!!

Nothing exciting has been happening lately. There’s a reason I make small projects. So I have something to talk about on the blog – nothing is getting finished so what do I have to talk about? I mean really, how bored are you with Kiri?? I know I am. And to add insult I’m running short on yarn. The powers that be have cursed me from the beginning with this damn shawl and if it wasn’t so pretty I may have burned it a long time ago. I have two pattern repeats left – TWO – and there’s no way that I can do them both and the edging without running out of yarn. It makes me want to throw things – I could put the edging on now and be done with it however I think it will make it too short. I’m guessing here but I don’t think it will grow that much with blocking, if I finished it up now it would probably be 15” long to a 40” width (that’s a wild & sarcastic guess). So I’m going to go get another skein of this stuff and pray to the woolly powers that the dye lot isn’t so far off that the shawl is ruined forever!

The MS3 is coming along a snail’s pace. Either I’m a slow knitter or the people in this KAL have no life. They’re all starting on clue 5 today. I’m still not done with clue one. I don’t understand how these women are doing it so fast – they must not have anything else on needles and knit 8 hours a day. This thing is going to be huge. I’ve already got something like 200 stitches and I’m only ¾ of the way through the first chart! It takes me like an hour for almost 4 rows. That’s provided I don’t goof & loose my place in the chart or screw up and have to tink back. This is the most complicated thing I’ve attempted so far and while it’s beautiful and I’m excited to see it finished it’s going to be a looooonnnnngggggg time coming. I’m going to attempt to photograph it this weekend. Wish me luck.

Comments:
I must remember all of this when I cast on Mountain Peaks!
 
Good Luck!!! I'll anxiously await postings!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?