Monday, January 09, 2006

SP7 Survey

Here's the answers to my secret pal questionnaire.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? I'm not a true yarn snob because I do use some of the better acrylics for baby blankets and I like Lion Brand homespun (to crochet). However I do hate those nasty acylics that feel like plastic/cardboard when they're worked up, you know the ones.

2. Do you spin? No Crochet? Yes, I learned to crochet first, it was my only yarn hobby for many, many years.

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have one of those zippered case thingies.

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I've been knitting a little over a year. Two of my current projects say "for advanced knitters" in the descriptions. But I don't really consider myself advanced. Somewhere in the middle I suppose.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I think I do but it's not current because I've gotten some of the books on it.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like sweet scents, like strawberry, vanilla, and musky scents, nothing floral!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh yea! Never met a candy I didn't like (except for maybe coffee flavors). To bad my hips don't love it too.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Well I've tried just about every crafty thing out there, but knitting is my only current obbsession.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I have very eclectic musical taste, mostly rock but I like just about everything. My computer can play MP3's but I don't know if my stereo does, I've never tried.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Not to be difficult but I don't really have a favorite color. I like earth tones, and colors that are rich and vibrant, I like pastels but sparingly. I don't like florecents.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? No pets, no kids. I do have a 16 month old niece that I spoil rotten.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I've tried to make myself two ponchos in the past year, they both looked like crap on me - so no ponchos. I do wear all the rest.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I can't really choose a favorite because I'm still discovering what's out there.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? So far the only thing I'm not real fond of is mohair, it's itchy.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks, lace, hats.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? At this moment my favorite is my Kiri. Next week it will probably be something else.

17. What are you knitting right now? I'm a little light at the moment, I'm working on a hat, a pair of socks and the Kiri, I have plans to cast on the Picovoli this week.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Handmade is the best kind, provided it's practical. I'm not a fan of tchotchkes (even if they are handmade).

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I guess I perfer circs though I use straights too.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Never plastic if I can avoid it. I like bamboo, and aluminum, would really like to try wooden needles.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No but I have plans to buy a winder soon, doing it by hand is a pain.

22. How did you learn to knit? My mom.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? About 4 months, it got kicked aside for Christmas knitting.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I'm a Tigger fan but I just got rid of all my Tigger stuff (see question #18) and I love wolves.

25. What is your favorite holiday? They're all my favorites for one reason or another. But I probably like Halloween the best.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Books (the only dust collecter I purposley bring into my home)

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None but I was thinking about getting one just trying to decide which one.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? I'd like to try wooden needles. I'd like to try socks that rock yarn.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I'm always up for new stuff, but I don't really think of it terms of techniques I'd like to learn. It usually works more like "I'd like to make (fill in the blank) oh crap I don't know how to do (fill in the blank) guess I'll have to figure it out.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes! I wear a women's shoe size 10, foot is 10" long and 9 ½ " around (if you make me socks I'll love you forever!!)

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 07/05

Comments:
Gorgeous knitting! Thanks for posting the questionnaire. Erin (Your SP7 hostess)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?